Welcome to the Terms and Conditions for fredandpickles.co.uk. Please read through each section carefully before placing an order online. By using the website and by purchasing products you are agreeing to the Terms and Conditions set out below. We advise you to retain a copy for your records.
• This website is owned and operated by Fred and Pickles Ltd (“Fred and Pickles”, “we” or “us” whose registered office is 46 Rossiter Road, London SW12 9RU. We are registered in England and Wales at Companies House. Company Number 6886871.
• Working Days means Monday to Friday, excluding weekends, bank and other public holidays.
• Force Majeure means any clause affecting the performance by Fred and Pickles of its obligations arising from acts, events, omissions, happenings or non-happenings beyond its reasonable control including (but not limited to) governmental regulations, fire, flood or any disaster or industrial dispute affecting a third party.
Ordering products from fredandpickles.co.uk means that you have read and accepted the Terms and Conditions.
We cannot confirm the price of a product until your order is accepted. When your order is despatched from our warehouse we will send you a despatch confirmation email. Order acceptance and completion of the contract between you and Fred and Pickles will take place only on despatch of the products ordered, unless we have previously notified you that we are unable to accept your order or you have cancelled it in accordance with The Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000. Non acceptance of your order may be due to:
1) Non-availability of the item ordered
2) Inability to obtain authorisation for your payment
3) Identification of a pricing or product description error
4) You fail to meet the purchase eligibility criteria listed above
These terms shall become binding on you and us when we issue you with written acceptance of an order (order confirmation) at which point a contract shall come into existence between us.
We shall assign an order number to the order and inform you of it in the order confirmation. Please quote the order number in all subsequent correspondence with us relating to the order.
Order tracking for standard and next day delivery is available for UK delivery only. Note please allow 24 hours before tracking your order. For further information see the Delivery section on the website.
We reserve the right to withdraw any products from this website at any time and/or remove or edit any materials or content including prices on this website. We may refuse to process a transaction for any reason or refuse service to anyone at any time at our sole discretion.
Fred and Pickles reserves the right to change prices without prior notice.
All prices are given in British Pounds (£) and are correct at the time of entering the information onto the website.
The total amount payable will be shown when the customer reaches the checkout stage of purchasing online; the total cost of your order is the price of the products ordered plus any applicable delivery charges.
Every effort has been made to accurately display our products with the correct product information, pricing, photograph and colour, however we cannot guarantee that all computer monitors display accurate colours of the products when delivered as each monitor display differs. They do not form part of the contract between you and us or any other contract between you and us for the sale of the goods.
All measurements are approximate. We do try to make sure they are as accurate as possible.
Please note products are subject to availability. Furthermore, we reserve the right to withdraw any products at any time and/or remove or edit any materials or content. We may refuse to process a transaction for any reason or refuse service to anyone at any time at our sole discretion. We will not be liable to you or any third party by reason of our withdrawing any product from this website whether or not that product has been sold; removing or editing any materials or content on the website; refusing to process a transaction or unwinding or suspending any transaction after processing has begun.
Returns/Cancelling an Order
In the unlikely event that a product isn’t quite right and you are not fully satisfied with your purchase, please send it back to us within 28 days. If you purchased a product from the sale, then this needs to be returned to us within 14 days so we can process the product and put it back into sale.
We are happy to refund if the product is returned in perfect condition and still with any original packaging and tags.
Please note we do not accept any returns relating to pierced jewellery, (such as earrings) and cosmetics due to hygiene reasons, unless they are faulty.
Subject to the right of consumers to return goods for refund under The Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000. Fred and Pickles does not sell products on a trial basis. Customers are strongly advised to check suitability and specifications of products before ordering.
In the event that Fred and Pickles, at its discretion (unless The Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations apply), agrees to accept the return for credit of unwanted products, the goods must be returned within the guidelines of the Returns Policy.
Please send your returns that you have bought on the website to:
Fred’s Returns Department
46 Rossiter Road,
For more information on returning products to Fred and Pickles see the Returns section of the website.
Where, in spite of its reasonable efforts, Fred and Pickles is unable to perform an obligation due to force majeure, it shall not be deemed to be in breach of its contract with the customer.
Your Right To Cancel
You may cancel your order, once it has been accepted by us, for any reason up to the point of dispatch. If you do cancel within this time, any payments you have made will be fully refunded within 30 days.
If you are a consumer (acting outside your business), you may cancel your order in accordance with your rights under The Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000.
Contracts for the purchase of goods by a customer not acting in the course of a business and made over the telephone or through the Fred and Pickles website are, with the exception of certain excepted contracts, subject to The Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 (“the Regulations”).
If the Regulations apply, customers may cancel goods purchased from Fred and Pickles by sending a written notice of cancellation by post or hand delivery addressed to Fred’s Returns Department , 46 Rossiter Road, London, SW12 9RU or by e-mail to [email protected].
The notice of cancellation must be sent within 7 working days of the date of delivery after the goods are received.
The customer will be responsible for the cost of returning the goods if he or she exercises this right of cancellation under the Regulations. If the customer does not actually return the goods to Fred and Pickles, the customer is under a duty to make the goods available for collection at the customer’s expense from the address to which they were delivered.
The customer is under a duty to retain possession of the goods whilst awaiting return to Fred and Pickles and to take reasonable care of them during this period. The customer will be liable for any loss of or damage to the goods if he or she fails to comply with this obligation.
This does not apply to the following:
(a) Personalised goods;
(b) Perishable goods;
(c) Goods made to your specification;
(d) Opened sealed software, CDs, DVDs etc;
(e) The goods are clearly personalised; or
(f) If you are not a consumer
Offers & Promotions
Fred and Pickles reserves the rights to modify, alter, terminate or discontinue such promotions at any time for any reason whatsoever without notice. All offers exclude sale items and postage, are not valid in conjunction with any other offers and are limited to one voucher per transaction.
Fred and Pickles accepts payment with any of these cards as well as Paypal.
Payment will be debited and cleared from your account before the dispatch of your goods or provision of service to you.
We also allow promotional vouchers to be redeemed when purchasing products online. Please note you can only use one promotion at a time.
You can give feedback to Fred and Pickles about why you have returned an item. By doing this it helps us to further develop the product and help avoid any future problems. Please refer to the Returns Policy pages for more information on this.
Ownership of Rights
You acknowledge and agree that copyright, trade marks and all other intellectual property, in all content supplied as part of this website are owned by or licensed to Fred and Pickles. Any use of this website or its contents, including copying or storing it or them in whole or part, other than for your own personal, non-commercial use is prohibited without the express written permission of Fred and Pickles. You agree not to copy, display, distribute, reproduce, modify or re-post anything on this website. All images remain the property of Fred and Pickles. Under no circumstances can these images be used for any personal or commercial purposes.
The liability of our products which you purchase through our website is subject to our terms of sale. Care has been taken with the preparation for the content of the website as we use reasonable endeavours to verify the accuracy of any information we place on the website. We are not responsible for any errors or technical faults you may experience with our site, however if we are informed of any inaccuracies in the content of our site then we will correct this as quickly as we can.
Fred and Pickles does not seek to exclude or limit liability for death or personal injury arising from its negligence or that of its members, agents, directors or employees or for any fraudulent misrepresentation.
To the fullest extent permitted by law and save as provided above, neither Fred and Pickles nor any associated company shall be liable to you by reason of any representation, or any implied warranty, condition or other term, or any duty at common law, or under the express terms of the contract, or in negligence (whether on the part of Fred and Pickles or any of its members, agents, directors, employees or otherwise) for any indirect, special or consequential loss or damage (including but not limited to loss of profit or loss of saving), costs, expenses or other claims for compensation whatsoever which arise out of or in connection with the use of this website, the supply of the products or their use or resale by you.
We have the right to revise and amend these terms at any time without prior notice.
You will be subject to the policies and terms in force at the time that you order the goods from us, unless any change to those policies or these terms is required by law or government or regulatory authority (in which case, it will apply to orders you have previously placed that we have not yet fulfilled).
Nothing in these terms and conditions affects your statutory rights as a consumer.
These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Xmas Prize Draw - Terms and conditions
How to Enter
Simply sign up to receive our news letter and you will automatically be entered into a prize draw to win one of three prizes.
The following terms and conditions apply: -
1. Entrants must be over 18 years old and not an employee of Fred and Pickles Ltd, or anyone connected to the draw.
2. The Prize draw is open to anyone who signs up to recieve the Fred and Pickles News Letter and remains listed as a subscriber on the date of the draw.
3. By giving Fred and Pickles your details , you are agreeing that you are willing to enter into future correspondence with Fred and Pickles. Your details will never be shared with 3rd Parties.
4. Winners of the draw must set up an account on fredandpickles.co.uk in order for their prize to be credited to their account.
5. Prizes are cash credits and are only valid on fredandpickles.co.uk. 1st Prize £100, 2nd Prize £50, 3rd Prize £25.
6. The Prize may change at any time.
7. All Cash Credits are valid for one year.
8. Entries recieved after the closing date of 24th December 2011 will not be included into the draw. The promoter will not be held responsible for any entries not recieved be it for any reason , whether lost, delayed, corrupted or otherwise and whether or not due to any techinical difficulties or malufunctions.
9. Entry to the prize draw is free. No purchase neccesary.
10. All entries to be received by 24th December. The Draw will take place on Xmas Day, 25th December and results will be announced on the Fred and Pickles Facebook Page, fredandpickles.co.uk Blog, Twitter. The winners will be notified via email.
11. Prize is non-transferable. No cash alternative will be offered.
12. Winners of the prize draw will be selected at random by a third party.
13. Winner agrees to take part in future promotional activity. Judge's decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
14. The names of the winners will be made available for up to 28 days after the closing date to anyone sending their e-mail address to [email protected] in a message with the subject heading ‘Fred and Pickles Xmas Prize Draw’.
Promoter: Fred and Pickles, 46 Rossiter Road, London SW129RU.